Thursday, October 29, 2015

With Sofia and Lucia
September 15, 2015

Hello my sweet family!!! 

It sounds like you are all doing so great!  I´m so happy to hear life is going well for all of you!

Well, this week has sure been a fun one, filled with so many adventures!  Here´s a little lowdown:

  • So on Tuesday, our Relief Society President, Hermana Miranda, had her birthday!  Hermana Cabrera and I quickly passed by her house to drop off an alfajor (you so need to try alfajores...but mom, they have chocolate, sorry) and guess what???  There were some members from Fray Bentos in her house!!!  I got to see and hug and laugh and cry tears of joy with Hermana Sandra (our Fray Bentos neighbor who helped us out when we didn´t have water in our house) and Hermana Zulma (my first bishop´s wife).  They are twins and I honestly thought I´d never see them again!  The mission is so incredible and it was so great because now I can understand them more!!!
  • On Thursday, Hermana Cabrera and I had divisions in Paysandu with Hermana Church (from Idaho) and Hermana Tafur (from Peru).  In what wards did Chris serve???  Hermana Tafur thinks she knows Chris!  It was such a special day.  I got to work with Hermana Church...we have two areas and two companions in common, and she is so great.  We had an awesome lesson with a guy named Daniel.  His girlfriend is a member and he had gone to church the past Sunday.  We shared the restoration with him and at the end of the lesson...he bore his testimony!  It was the first time I heard an investigator bear testimony about the restoration.  It was incredible!!!
  • On Friday, we had an awesome Noche de Hogar with Hermana Noelia...her son is the only member of the Church in their family!  We invited Hermana Noelia to an activity, but she couldn´t come.  So we invited her to have a Noche de Hogar with us.  We invited a couple of hermanas from our ward so it was a girls’ night!  We talked about how we are all daughters of God and how we have so much value!  It was so fun and we felt the Spirit a lot.  We´re excited to see Hermana Noelia again!
  • Yesterday, we had interviews with President.  They went so well and I got to see my sweet ex-companion, Hermana Ramirez!!!  She´s also serving in the Mercedes zone.  The mission is awesome.
  • This Saturday, two sweet girls, Lucia and Sofia, will be getting baptized.  My companion is so great at teaching little kids, so I love teaching Lucia and Sofia with her!  Lucia is eleven and Sofia is eight, and they are very very cute!

LIFE IS GOOD AND I LOVE THE MISSION!  Have the best week ever my fam--you are all so great!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment