Friday, October 2, 2015

Making paper pyramids with Hermana Fernanda
May 4, 2015

Dear family,

I would love to start out this week´s letter with a quick scripture passage in 2 Nephi 26!!!  I read it this morning and it just touched my heart!  

24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.

It´s so good, no?  Even though we´re so imperfect, Christ never says "Depart from me."  In fact, in place of "Depart from me," He always says, "Come unto me!"  I also love the part about milk and honey because the gospel helps our lives be SWEET!  

This week I am going to share the SWEET things that happened to me!
  • One day, Hermana Ramirez and I were walking and we really had no one to visit.  So we took this random road and saw a horse and a family!  We went up and asked the family about their horse, and it turned into a great conversation.  In the end, we set up another time to visit them.  I visited them on Friday night with Hermana Nascimiento (we had divisions) and they are an awesome family!!!  We are so excited to visit them more!
  • I am loving being sweet Hermana Ramirez´s companion!  She is so great and always wants to learn the hymns in English.  So we spend our days singing English hymns in the streets of Uruguay.  She is so fun!
  • On Friday, like I mentioned, we had divisions.  I got to work with Hermana Nascimiento from Brazil, and she is just so awesome.  We had lots of adventures...I´m still kind of getting to know my area, so we took a lot of wrong turns and did a lot of navigating with a map.  But I learned so much with her and it was so fun talking with her!  The first time I met her was during our fireside in Fray Bentos...I was still in my training and couldn´t communicate very well with her. So it was so great talking with her for reals this time!
  • On Thursday, Hermana Ramirez and I visited the relief society president, Hermana Blanca De Vargas!  She got baptized around forty years ago, so I asked her if she knew Uncle Tom!  And sure enough, she does!  And she has a picture he left behind.  She started crying because she was so happy!!!
  • I love ARTIGAS BARRIO 6!  This little ward is honestly so special!  We had an awesome fast and testimony meeting yesterday, and I loved it because so many people shared their testimonies about missionary work.  Woo hoo!
  • Today´s been an awesome P-Day.  A member in our ward loves making historical sites with paper (she prints them out online and then folds them).  Today, she invited us over to make the pyramids in Egypt.  It was so fun!
Well, that´s all for now!  I love you all lots, and remember Jesus Christ always has His arms outstretched for us. 

Hope you have a SWEET week!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment