Thursday, October 29, 2015

September 7, 2015

Hello my sweet fam!!! 

Well it´s crazy to think another week has come and gone.  I am doing well here in Mercedes, and I am loving my time with Hermana Cabrera.  She is great!

Like dad said, Mercedes is a little river town and it is SO beautiful.  Oh my goodness I love the houses, cobblestone streets, trees, and riverside views here.  Like I´ve said before, I may be biased, but I honestly think Uruguay is the most beautiful country in the world.

The situation here in Mercedes is so fun.  Right now, we don´t have a ton of people to visit.  So Hermana Cabrera and I are enjoying talking to literally EVERYONE in the streets.  We talk to people who have cute dogs.  We talk to people who are waiting for their buses.  We talk to grocery store clerks.  We talk to people who have cute shoes or cute clothes.  We talk to people who have cute babies.  We talk to people who have beautiful houses.  And it is so fun.  You know why???  Because every single one of these people is a child of God!!!

A little while back, President Smith invited us to learn how to teach the restoration in less than five minutes.  Hermana Cabrera and I have really been loving the opportunity to teach the restoration to as many people as possible.  It is so awesome letting people know they have a Heavenly Father who loves them and knows them perfectly.  No matter what hair color they have, no matter what clothes they wear, no matter if they have made a million mistakes or have a lot of defects, no matter if they have a family or are living alone, God knows their names and LOVES them.

I would just love to share the restoration with you today.  I know our Heavenly Father loves Jim, Debi, Nick, Chris, Linds, and Will so much.  I know He knows your names and everything that makes you, YOU.  I know because He loves you so much, He has sent you guides.  Our Father in Heaven knows that this life is a little tricky and that sometimes we feel sad and need a bit of help.  So he has sent you prophets--men like Noah, Abraham, or Moses.  These guides communicate with God and then talk to you as humans so you can know what God wants for your lives.  But the most important guide God gave you is His son, Jesus Christ.  I know Jesus Christ also was a prophet, but so much more.  He died for you.  He suffered for your sins.  He performed miracles and healed many children of God.  He continues healing us today.  And He established His church, The Church of Jesus Christ, with the authority of God, to guide you as humans in a world that is sometimes so confusing.

Unfortunately, many people did not want to listen to Jesus Christ, and eventually, they crucified him.  When Jesus Christ died, so did His church.  And the sad thing is, many people wanted to follow Jesus Christ and His teachings, but didn´t exactly know HOW.  I know our Heavenly Father loves you and doesn´t want you to feel confused as to HOW you can follow Jesus Christ.  I know Heavenly Father chose a young boy, Joseph Smith, to restore The Church of Jesus Christ again.  This young boy said a prayer to know HOW he could follow Jesus Christ.  And when he prayed, he had such a special experience.  In his own words, he said:

"Vi una columna de luz, mas brillante que el sol, directamente arriba de mi cabeza.  Y esta luz gradualmente descendío hasta descansar sobre mi.  Al reposar sobre mi la luz, vi en el aíre arriba de mi a dos personajes, cuyo fulgor y gloria no admiten descripcion.  Uno de ellos me hablo, llamandome por mi nombre y dijó señalando al otro, este es mi hijo amado, eschucalo."

I know Joseph Smith saw your Heavenly Father and your brother Jesus Christ.  I know they explained HOW Joseph Smith could follow them, and I know with time, Joseph Smith was called as a prophet to restore The Church of Jesus Christ again!  

I know with all my heart God answers your prayers.  I know He wants to guide you in every aspect of your lives.  And I know all we need to do to receive His help is talk with him through prayer!

Well, I love you all so much, and I invite you all to practice the restoration as well.  I know it is something that can bless your lives and the lives of EVERYONE you know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment