Sunday, October 4, 2015

Farewell to Hermana Ramirez

Fun P-Day with Hermana Ramirez
May 19, 2015

Hello sweet family!

So this week is bittersweet because sweet Hermana Ramirez will be heading off to Dolores tomorrow (Dolores is a city pretty close to Fray Bentos--I spent a bit of my first week of the mission there with Hermana Ferrera).  Man I am going to miss her SO MUCH!  But guess what?  My next companion is also from Peru...Hermana Salvatierra!  She´ll be my fourth companion from Peru WOOT WOOT!  You guys know how I am with directions and streets and such...I´m still getting to know my area a bit, so please pray for me that I will be able to guide Hermana Salvatierra!

But anyway, this week was awesome!  We saw so many miracles!!!  First off, do you guys remember that family we talked to because we saw their horse?  Well, they are Dina and Jesus, and they have four children!  We visited Hermana Dina this week and invited her to a baptism on Friday!  She, two of her kiddos, and her niece came!  And also, Hermano Anastacio came to the baptism as well.  Slowly but surely, things are progressing here!

Also, Hermana Ramirez and I have been finding some awesome scriptures!!!  And do you know what we just love to do???  Apply the scriptures to ourselves and to the people we´re teaching!  It´s so fun to change names in the scriptures to our own names or to the members/investigators´ names.  Or it´s fun to change a word to apply it to a certain situation.  Here are a couple examples: 

DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS 88:119
119  Organize  yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a  house , even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

It´s fun to change HOUSE to MARRIAGE or COMPANIONSHIP!

Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a companionship, even a companionship of prayer, a companionship of fasting, a companionship of faith, a companionship of learning, a companionship of glory, a companionship of order, a companionship of God;

2 NEPHI 26: 24
24  He doeth not  anything  save it be for the benefit of the world; for he  loveth  the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw  all  men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.

It´s so great putting people´s names here!

He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of Debi Dixon; for he loveth Debi Dixon, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw Debi Dixon unto him.  Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.

Well, that´s about all for now!  I love you all so much, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a missionary!  I am learning so much every day and I know this gospel is true with ALL OF MY HEART!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment