Tuesday, September 29, 2015

With Hermana Aragao in Brazil
April 20, 2015

Hey sweet fam!

Okay I don´t have much time, but here are a few updates!

  • I LOVE ARTIGAS!  And I LOVE HERMANA RAMIREZ!


  • Brazil with Hermana Aragao was awesome.  The people didn´t understand me in Spanish, so she translated for me.  She is such a special missionary, and I just love her!  And it was so cool for me to see faithful members living the gospel in BRAZIL as well.  The gospel is for all the world!


  • Uncle Tom totally sent me an email about Artigas and said he loved two faithful sisters, las Hermanas Buenos.  They are in their nineties now and are still so full of life!!!  Hermana Ramírez and I visited them this past Saturday and they made a little apple cake for us.  I am so excited to tell them Uncle Tom loves them!!!


  • Tomorrow we are having a mission-wide conference with Dallin H. Oaks.  This week I studied Mark 4, because his conference talk was about this parabol.  You guys should totally read Mark 4 and ask yourselves what kind of seed you want to be. 


  • Heavenly Father always pours down so many miracles on his missionaries!  This past week, I was feeling a bit down about my Spanish, and I found the awesomest talk in the Liahona!  It´s by a seventy...I don´t exactly remember his name.  But when he served a mission, he had to learn German and totally struggled with the language.  And it stressed him out!!!  He kept comparing himself to other missionaries, but one day when he was feeling super stressed out, he knelt down and said a prayer in a random cleaning shack.  He received an impression from God saying He didn´t call him as a missionary to speak the language perfectly, He called him as a missionary to serve Him with all his heart, might, mind, and faith.  So even though we have our imperfections, if we´re doing our best, Heavenly Father is pleased with us.


Well, I sure do love you lots!  Have the best week ever my sweet fam!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment