Friday, September 11, 2015

Favorite street in Juan Lacaze
February 9, 2015

HELLO SWEET FAM! 

This week, Hermana Obando shared something awesome with me in the first chapter of Joshua in the Bible.  In this chapter, it says "BE STRONG AND OF A GOOD COURAGE" four times (in verses 6, 7, 9, and 18).  I love it when there’s repetition in the scriptures because we can know easily that the Lord is telling us something important!  This week, I would like to tell you about some examples of people in Juan Lacaze who are strong and of a good courage!!!

1) Hermana Obando--Okay, so technically I´m her trainer, but she is training me!!!  I am in awe of this girl and her strength.  The start of the mission is really hard, but she is super organized and has an amazing work ethic.  Together, we´re seeing lots of progress.  Usually, around thirty people come to church in our little branch, but yesterday, forty-three people came to church!  Hermana Obando is strong and of a good courage!

2) Hermana Alba--So as you know, Alba got baptized this past Saturday and she is just as strong as ever!  She is a really good person and is super sweet.  She´s one of those people that I really feel like I NEEDED to meet on my mission.  One thing I love about Alba is she is always so willing to learn more...a lot of members gave her church books as gifts for her baptism, and she has just been reading up a storm.  Also, the elders started a little branch choir and Alba sang with us this past week.  Woo hoo!  Alba is strong and of a good courage!

3) Eliana--Eliana is an awesome young woman in our branch who always goes out with us to do visits.  Eliana is incredible because she WANTS to participate in missionary work.  Lots of times, she ASKS if she can go out with us.  I love hearing her testimony; she always writes sweet notes for Hermana Obando and me and all the people of the branch.  Eliana is strong and of a good courage!

4) Brenda--Brenda has been an investigator for quite some time and yesterday, she came to church for the first time!  She has some difficulties in her life, but I love visiting her because she has so much faith!  Brenda is strong and of a good courage!

Okay so there are a million more people who are strong and of a good courage, but I´m running short on time!  I quickly just want to invite you all to be a little bit stronger and a little bit more courageous every day.  I know we can do so by really trying our hardest to be like Jesus Christ! 

Yesterday I completed nine months in the mission.  I can´t believe I´ve completed half of this journey...I´m so excited to see what´s in store for these next nine months to come!  Thank you for all you do for me every day to make this mission possible!

I LOVE YOU ALL,

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment