Monday, September 21, 2015

Beautiful Brazilian skies
April 13, 2015

Hey sweet fam!

Okay so here I am writing to you guys from a cyber in BRAZIL!!!  My sweet new companion (Hermana Ramirez from Peru who is twenty-two and has about three months in the mission) is in Montevideo signing her papers.  So for today, I will be spending my P-Day with Hermana Aragão (who is serving here in Brazil)!!!  When I was starting out my mission, Hermana Aragão and I had a very interesting day filled with lots of walking in Fray Bentos.  It´s so fun to be re-united with her for another day!  We will be working together in the afternoon and everyone here speaks Portuguese, so I am really excited for an interesting adventure!

Well let me just give you a little run down about my life!  As I was leaving Juan Lacaze, some sweet members put on a little good-bye Family Home Evening and it was so nice!  And then, I had to say good-bye to Hermana Jenkins.  It was hard because she was honestly such a special companion (she is so sweet, is compassionate, and has a deep love for the gospel), but I know I´ll see her sometime soon and you can bet I´ll be visiting her frequently in St. George!

And as for my new area...it´s GREAT!  I´m working in a ward (Barrio 6) and the members here are awesome as well!  They are so willing to go out with us to share their testimonies!  Also, the people in Artigas are SUPER friendly.  As we contact and such, people are so willing to talk with us!

I am living in a super big house with Hermana Ramirez and two other sweet hermanas:  Hermana Rivera from Mexico and Hermana Grundvig from Loveland, COLORADO.  Woot woot!  The room where Hermana Ramirez and I are sleeping has a huge hole in the wall, so at nighttime, it´s basically like we have air conditioning!

And boy, oh boy.  My new companion is awesome!  She´s my third companion from Peru and I just love her.  She is super upbeat, is a really great teacher, and is helping me so much with my Spanish!

Well that´s all for now!!!  Can´t wait to give you guys more updates, and just know I am happy and well in my new area.  LOVE YOU ALL SWEET FAM!

Hermana Dixon

P.S. Everyone here drinks something called Guaraná.  It´s super rico and you guys should see if you can find it in the U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment