Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 14, 2014

Hola familia!

Well, it’s been another good week in Uruguay!  I’ve got good news and bad news.  The good news is that we’ve been able to begin teaching a lot of cool families and individuals, that my ward absolutely rocks, that I love my comp and roomies, and that little by little, I am beginning to see myself becoming more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The bad news is that none of our investigators are really progressing. People in Uruguay are very chill and laid back (which is awesome), but attending sacrament meeting, praying, and reading the scriptures is a little hard for some people here.  

Before I really dive into things though, I just want to tell you guys a little bit about the members in my ward.  As I think about all the people in my ward, Las Canteras, the parable of the widow’s mite comes to mind.  A lot of them have one- or two-room houses, little work, and very busy lives outside of church.  But even with little resources and time, they are willing to GIVE so much.  We have lunch with members almost every day, a lady in our ward washed all of our clothing and gave my trainer and me these cute homemade laundry bags, the sweetest little girls wrote me and my companion heartfelt notes, and members went out with us for twenty-five hours last week.  Twenty-five hours!!!  I am honestly in awe of how much they are willing to give towards missionary work!  And you know that quote by Spencer W. Kimball about how our prayers are usually answered through other people???  You can bet these people have been answers to my prayers as I’ve been going through this transition.  Anyway, sorry for that little tangent, but I am just SO GRATEFUL!  

This week, we worked very hard.  We’ve been opening our mouths a lot, so we’ve had the opportunity to teach some really cool new people.  Also, on Friday, I got to do divisions with Hermana Colwell from Montana!!! She is just a few changes ahead of me, so she gave me lots of advice because she remembers what it’s like to be a newbie missionary.  And last but not least, I am just loving personal study.  Reading the scriptures used to be something I found difficult, but now it is one of my favorite parts of the day.  

I love you all so so much, and I definitely have some funny stories to tell you next week!!!  I hope you have a swell week; you are just the best!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment