Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Making cinnamon rolls with roomies
July 8, 2014

Hola familia!

I’m running a bit short on time, so I’m just going to do some quick bullet points on what went well during my week!

·         This week, we had an awesome Noche de Hogar with all the young women in our ward.  We watched a movie about the first vision, and I felt the Spirit so strong!  I loved looking around the room and seeing amazing teenage girls who live halfway across the world from where I grew up.

·         On July 4th, I got to do some yardwork!!!  The tradition continues!  We helped an older lady in our ward named Neli weed her garden, and it was awesome.  She is such a faithful member of our ward, and she gave us bread, jam, and pizza!

·         We tried to visit our investigators lots of times, but they were super busy.  It was sad, but we got to visit some less active members within our ward.  Lots of members came with us to visit these individuals, and it made a HUGE difference.  I love hearing members’ testimonies.  So . . . if you have the opportunity to go out with the missionaries, DO IT!

·         Saturday was SUPER rainy and cold.  It was a hard day for me because of that.  Our last appointment of the day, I did not want to go because I was freezing and needed to do language study.  But things ended up going well!  We brought a member named Hermano Hugo with us, and he talked with this less active lady’s son while we talked with her.  The next day, Hermano Hugo bore his testimony about how grateful he was to have the opportunity to go out with us and share his testimony, so it taught me I should never have a bad attitude about going to an appointment.  The members here are seriously amazing!

·         Yesterday we had zone capacitation!  I learned so much and got to have an interview with Presidente Smith!  Not going to lie . . . it’s easy to feel inadequate here because I have so so so much to learn.  But Presidente Smith helped me feel more confident and made me so glad to be here.  I am honestly so grateful for the chance I have to serve here in Uruguay!

·         Today we went shopping in Tata, Uruguay’s version of Walmart.  Google it because it is a magical place!

I love you all so much and I am so glad I have a family like you!!!  Until next week!

XOXO

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment