Thursday, July 3, 2014

With Hermana McMurray on the waterfront

June 23, 2014

Hola familia!! 

First things first, I am alive and doing well!  I loved reading your excerpts from the past two weeks! 

Okay so my first area in Uruguay is FRAY BENTOS!  It is honestly the first area I needed.  The people are so nice, there are all these beautiful plazas, and we went to a wonderful waterfront for P-Day today!  Everyone`s right . . . a mission is super hard, but I am taking things one day at a time and it is working!  I live in an apartment with three other North American hermanas, and it is super nice.  There`s a bit of mold on the walls, but we have hot water and big rooms, so I am not complaining!  And my trainer is AWESOME!  Her name is Hermana McMurray and she and Linds were in the same freshman ward!  Small world, eh?  I also met another elder who knows Linds so that was crazy! 

Funny story about my arrival:  All the missionaries heading to the Uruguay Montevideo West mission left at 4 a.m. from the CCM, and we arrived at the mission home around 6 p.m.!  The flight to Uruguay is just half an hour, but there was fog, so our first flight got canceled.  Then, we went to another airport and our flight there was delayed.  And the second airport we went to wanted everyone to repay for their luggage so it was crazy.  Guess what though?  There was a bishop from Argentina who helped us! 

Anyway, I am loving it here and it has been so cool seeing how much people love the gospel in Uruguay!  I wish I could write more, but I need to write my mission president. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment