Saturday, January 3, 2015

December 15, 2014

Hey fam!

I can’t believe another week has flown by!  It’s so fun to hear from all of you and it sounds like you’re doing great!
  
This week has been filled with lots of MUSIC!  We’re going to be having another Charla Fogonera here in Colonia for Navidad, so we’ve been having lots of practices.  Also, yesterday we had our children’s sacrament meeting presentation!  Our Primary is small (we had four children who participated), but it was so awesome to hear them singing Primary songs in Spanish!
  
I am really enjoying my time with Hermana Ventura...it’s fun having a companion for her last change because she is teaching me everything she’s learned throughout her mission.  I am lucky!

This week, we shared the “Él es la Dádiva” video a ton!  I love being a missionary in Uruguay because here, it’s not weird to talk to random people in the street!  So Hermana Ventura and I are able to talk to a lot of awesome people and show them “Él es la Dádiva” with their cell phones.  It’s something that is WAY outside of my comfort zone, but it’s worth it to show people this video because they always have huge smiles on their faces afterwards!

Our district leader asked us to focus our studies on the love of God this past Tuesday.  I loved studying 2 Nephi 4, and I’m going to share a quick verse (20), "My God hath been my support, he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."  Although lots of times we’re not exactly in the wilderness or sailing across deep waters, we definitely have times in life that are HARD.  I love this verse because through it, we can realize that when we’re struggling, we’ve got someone who will SUPPORT us and LEAD us through our afflictions.  Boy oh boy am I grateful for this support because there is no way I’m doing this whole mission thing on my own!

Alba is doing GREAT!  She came to church yesterday and saw the sweet children’s sacrament meeting presentation.  She prayed about December 27 and still doesn’t feel completely ready, but it’s all good!  She realizes baptism is a lifelong commitment, so she wants to be sure.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity to teach her!

We lost our cell phone about a month ago and a member lent us one but it only worked when it was plugged in.  So we could only use it at night.  But yesterday, another member lent us a cell phone and it WORKS!  We are so excited!

Well, that’s about it on my end!  I sure do love you lots, and I’m looking forward to talking to you guys for Christmas!  I don’t know details yet but I’ll keep you updated!

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment