Thursday, December 11, 2014

Little Update!

With Hermana Ventura

December 8, 2014

Hey fam!

It’s great to hear from you!  This week, I’m just going to give you a little update about my life because I realized there are so many details you guys haven’t heard about yet!

·         My new companion is Hermana Ventura and she is awesome!  She served with Hermana McMurray in Fray Bentos before I arrived.  It’s so fun because we know a lot of the same sweet people in Fray Bentos!  And she will be ending this change so we’re really trying to make the best of every single moment.

·         I haven’t gotten us too lost yet!  I was honestly so scared to lead us around Juan Lacaze, but I’ve been receiving lots of divine help.  And with our little map, we are doing just fine!

·         We’re really starting to get some sun here and I am loving it!  My hair is changing colors because of the sun--I have a few streaks that are super blonde.

·         Alba is doing really great!  She didn’t come to church yesterday, but she’s still loving the Book of Mormon.  She has a goal to be baptized December 27, so we’re really excited!  And she is just the sweetest.

·         I kind of have a calling in this branch!  We are teaching Primary!  I taught a couple of classes with Hermana Paredes and it was super fun so I am excited to continue teaching this change.  Mom, if you have any tips, I would love to hear them.

·         Christmas is really around the corner!  We’ve been seeing lots of trees in shop windows and all the people in our branch are starting to invite us to join in on their Christmas festivities.  It’s so weird that it’s not freezing outside...I am going to enjoy this hot Christmas!

·         We’ve been eating lots of ice cream lately but we have to be careful...one time someone gave Hermana Paredes and me ice cream.  I tried one bite and it tasted a little funky...we looked at the ingredients and it had alcohol...YIKES.

·         All the people here call me niña because I guess I have a young-looking face!

·         I am obsessed with April 2013 General Conference.  I found a May 2013 Liahona with all the conference talks my first week in the field, and this little Liahona has stuck with me all this time.  It doesn’t have a cover anymore and is super ratty, but I love it!  My three favorite talks, which have helped me TONS in the mission, are: “Lord, I Believe” by Jeffrey R. Holland (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/lord-i-believe?lang=eng), “The Savior Wants to Forgive” by Craig A. Cardon (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-savior-wants-to-forgive?lang=eng), and “Your Wonderful Journey Home” by Dieter F. Uchtdorf (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/your-wonderful-journey-home?lang=eng).

·         My ballet flats are becoming missionary shoes.  I guess they’re starting to look pretty ratty because a lady in my branch asked if she could buy me new shoes.  I told her I’ve got lots of other shoes I can use, but it’ll be sad to say good bye to my flats:-(

·         Our branch is really working on being more unified, and our branch president held a special "start our fast" at his house.  Oh my goodness it was delicious, and I am excited to start seeing some little changes in our branch!

·         I’m still eating lots of bananas.

·         I saw Hermana McMurray!!!  She ended this week and her parents asked the mission office for our address.  They came to find Hermana Ventura and me!  It was honestly the best surprise ever!  You guys should try to get together with the McMurrays sometime because they are awesome.

·         I am loving life as a missionary here in Juan Lacaze, Uruguay!!! 

Thank you for all you do for me, and know I love you lots!

XOXO

Hermana Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment